Become a member of LDA
The Learning Disabilities Association of Canada believes that every person with learning disabilities can succeed in school, at work, in relationships, and within the community -- when provided with the appropriate supports and opportunities.
Join LDA in creating those opportunities!
- LDA is the voice for people with learning disabilities of all ages.
- LDA is the leading advocate for laws and policies that create opportunities for people with learning disabilities.
- LDA is a leader in promoting prevention into the nature and causes of learning disabilities.
What LDA Offers:
- At the national, provincial and local levels, LDA provides cutting edge information on learning disabilities, practical solutions, and a comprehensive network of resources.
- LDA provides support to people with learning disabilities, their families, teachers and other professionals.
If you live in an area with a local chapter, joining the chapter automatically makes you a member of the provincial/territorial and national organization. Join Now
Benefits of Membership:
- Affiliation with the Learning Disabilities Association of Canada (LDAC), giving you a national voice and a network of other Learning Disabilities Associations across Canada. (over 50 in 10 provinces and territory)
- National- LDAC’s comprehensive national newsletter published twice a year
- Videos, DVDs and other materials produced by LDAC are available for purchase through a national LD Bookstore on the web
- LDAC’s comprehensive Web sites featuring access to current, information on learning disabilities
- Advocacy on pending national and federal legislation and/or programs which may affect individuals with learning disabilities and/or their families.
Local, provincial/territorial benefits:
- E-blasts about upcoming meetings, news releases and research updates
- Information and Referral on local resources, programs, services and contacts in your community.
- Advocacy through assistance, training and information
- Support through local groups, workshops, Lecture Series, Conferences and Special Events
- Access to a borrowing library with current resources, books and videos, DVDs on the latest concerning learning disabilities
- Information via a toll-free call-in line (877-238-5322)
- Voting rights at local and provincial member meetings
- Other benefits provided by your local LDA office
LDA never shares or sells membership information!
How to Become a Member
Membership is purchased at the local and provincial/territorial level. Please contact the LDA nearest you.
LDA Annual Membership Fees
- $20 in Yukon
- $25 in PEI, NB, MB, SK
- $30 in NFL, QC
- $35 in NS, BC
- $40 in Alberta
- $50 in Ontario