Learning Disabilities Association of Canada (LDAC)
A Canada where people with learning disabilities thrive, reach their potential and are recognized as full contributing members of society.
The Learning Disabilities Association of Canada (LDAC) collaborates with provincial and territorial partners to build awareness in the broader community and promote equitable opportunities so that all individuals with learning disabilities can achieve their educational, employment, health and personal goals.
Who We Are
LDAC is a national, non-profit organization founded in 1963 and incorporated in 1971. The organization works with and supports the provincial and territorial associations as the national voice for persons with learning disabilities and those who support them.
LDAC is dedicated to having individuals with learning disabilities:
- function as full citizens;
- develop to their potential; and
- be recognized for their varied and significant contributions.
What We Do
LDAC accomplishes its goals through research, education, and public awareness about the nature and impact of learning disabilities. Through collaboration, communication and partnership, we strive to catalyze the many efforts of people and organizations working within the Canadian learning disabilities network.
The definition of the logo, corresponding to the three outer components of the logo, is as follows:
- Collaboration - Many people working together to support and accommodate
- Potential - Helping people lift off and achieve
- Hope - Optimism, aiming high and working with passion
The new logo, approved by the national Board in June 2008, succeeds on all three fronts.
- The English name remains the same – this is an association of Canadians committed to a single focus – Learning Disabilities.
- In French, the name changes to Association canadienne des troubles d’apprentissage
- The icon conveys a sense of many people collaborating to support an individual; though diverse (employers, educators, parents, etc.), they are united in the task.
- The colours and the font of the new brand are clean, fresh and optimistic. This is a modern, forward-looking design that conveys how dynamic and innovative we are.
The right to learn, the power to achieve!